Powerful Confessions from Psalm 119

If my seven year old says something negative, usually my nine year old quickly responds with, "Watch out because you have what you say!"  Proverbs 18:21 tells us that both life and death are in the power of our tongue.

Jesus said in Mark 11:23:
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall
SAY unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he SAITH shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he SAITH.

Your words are important.  Your words carry weight.  Your words change things.  

This truth applies to every area of our lives, and I have put it to work for myself concerning my walk with God, particularly lately by using Psalm 119.  Meditating on the Word - thinking about it, musing over it, pondering it, picturing it coming to pass in your life - is a powerful thing.  I urge you to meditate on Psalm 119 and watch as your desire for the Lord grows.  It's a beautiful thing!

Below are some powerful confessions that I took from the first 40 scriptures of Psalm 119 (AMP).  Confess them out of your mouth, speak them over yourself, and your faith will increase.

-I am blessed - I am happy, fortunate and to be envied - because I walk uprightly according to the Word of God.
-I seek - inquire of the Lord and crave Him - with my whole heart.
-I do not willfully wander from God's precepts; I walk in His ways.
-I observe God's statutes: I hear them, I receive them, I love them, and I obey them.
-I will not be put to shame because I have respect for all of God's commandments.
-I take heed and keep watch on myself according to God's Word, and I conform my life to it.
-I lay up God's Word in my heart so that I might not sin against Him.
-I rejoice in the way of God's testimonies as much as in all riches.
-I meditate on God's precepts, and I have respect for His ways, the paths of life marked out by His Word.
-I delight myself in God's statutes, and I do not forget His Word.
-God opens my eyes so that I can see wonderous things in His Word.
-Reproach and contempt are taken away from me because I obey God's Word.
-God's Word is my delight and my counselor.
-I am revived, stimulated and strenghtened by the Word.
-I meditate on and talk about God's wonderous works.
-I choose the way of truth and faithfulness.
-I set God's Word before me, and I cleave to it.
-I do not merely walk, but rather run, according to the way of God's Word.
-I incline my heart to God's Word and not to covetousness.
-God's Word is established and confirmed in my life.
-My life is renewed according to God's Word.
-I keep God's Word steadfastly to the end.

I encourage you to make personal confessions based on the Word for whatever you're dealing with.  Keep standing because God Himself is watching over His Word to perform it in your life, and He is faithful!